Thursday, May 12, 2005

Freaky Thursday

Today has not been a good day. I mean, it has been good in some respects - my friend in Israel called and I ran into another friend at the grocery store. But, for the most part, it hasn't been sunshine and roses.

Freaky thing #1: My pseudo-favorite student got suspended for snapping towels in the locker room, which is possibly the weirdest thing. It's not really even his m.o. to engage in any form of boyish horseplay, let alone towel-snapping. Oh well, even the good ones make bad choices here and there.

Freaky thing #2: My friend has somehow gotten locked out of his blog or forgotten his blogger ID and can't get in to update it. Anyway, he gave me his name and password and I tried logging in for him to see if I could help.

I didn't get any further than he had. I wondered if perhaps he was using the wrong login name, so I started trying all his different screennames in combination with his password (logic dictating that most people use the same password for everything).

I ended up logged into some total stranger's blog. Certainly not my friend's. I felt sort of dishonest and quickly navigated away from the page. I don't know what the charge would be - blogging and entering? Hmm.

So, I have to give credit where it's due - the comment in a previous blog - "You can sell something for $29.99, but you can't sell it for $30" - actually was from another, anonymous-yet-amazingly-talented friend. She, in turn, credits some random she went out with.

Sorry, Mottel. You shouldn't have to take the blame for everything.

Nothing new in shidduch world. I'm now up to 4 accepted matches and ZERO phone calls from SYAS (www.sawyouatsinai.com). Hopefully I'll have news soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home