Monday, May 16, 2005

Steam Valve

Ok, so I think I'm now dragging the bottom of the shidduch barrel.

It all started yesterday when I got another match from SYAS. The guy looked interesting and his native language was even French (bonus!). I read down through the profile, registered a slight glitch when he described his political beliefs as extreme right wing (are you surprised, M.H.?), but everything else looked good.

Finally, I reached his personal description. Quotes are his words (I cleaned up the grammar. Apparently France has gotten rid of periods, commas, and capital letters since I was last there.)

"I don't mingle with non-Jews nor do I have any intention to." Strike one. At least he's forward.

"I don't appreciate Christianity..." Strike two. It might just be me, but what a whacko thing to say in a personal description for a shidduch website.

Later in the paragraph he went into a rant about the evil of sharia law and Arabs in general (Ahem, M.H., I know what you're thinking...). Think what you want, but I maintain that these opinions have no place on the SYAS website. Strike three. (He was actually out after strike two, but I just had to keep reading to see if he got any crazier.) He by far rates as the looniest guy I've ever had suggested to me.

I'm at a loss for words. If he weren't a fellow yid, I'd consider calling the FBI and recommending they keep an eye on him. It was seriously that scary.

In other news, I got my first resuggestion today - got the profile of a guy that the ladies at SimchaLink suggested to me last year. It was a no-go then and has remained so.

Here's my turn to be discriminatory - the thing that freaked me out most about this particular guy was his attachment to Breslov. Why does chassidus = "woo-woo" in my mind? I really know almost nothing about it and my exposure to chassidus has mainly been to Lubavitch. Anyone want to help me clarify/dispel the myth? I can only speculate that it has something to do with my attachment to all things tangible. Hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home