Saturday, August 20, 2005

My PG Blog

I've been blog-surfing tonight. Outside of the frum world (and even inside), I found some blogs that are very edgy. People are living lives out there that make mine seem like Camelot. I feel right now like the girls in high school who still pegged their jeans and wore Winnie-the-Pooh oversized sweatshirts and bubble-gum flavored lipgloss.

Not that I aspire to writing about hangovers and one-night stands. I guess I'm used to an edgier reputation - I'm the only person in my social group who can use the f-word eight times in a single sentence (and do, if provoked). Yet, I have, quite happily, created a cotton candy world for myself both at home and here in the blogosphere. Fuck.

In some small and mostly insignificant way, I'm jealous of these drama queen bloggers who live life in the fast lane and then blog about it so eloquently to a readership of thousands.

Ah well, there is virtue in being virtuous.

1 Comments:

At 21 August, 2005 07:08, Blogger Karl said...

Through blogging one can create a world they would like to be in, or who they would like to be in the world that they are in. Don't always believe the things you read.
Don't give up on being virtuous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home