Friday, August 19, 2005

Come and Gone

What, you ask?

Why, my birthday, of course. At the stroke of 8:24 p.m. on Thursday, August 18, I turned 30. Now, my Hebrew birthday (11 Elul) isn't until September... We hold on to what we still have, I guess.

In any case, thirty doesn't feel so different than twenty-nine (surprise, surprise).

The trip was truly delightful. I discovered two things:

1) There are no kosher restaurants anywhere I want to be.
2) I don't want to be anywhere where there are kosher restaurants (on vacation, at least).

We camped in Harold Parker State Forest after walking the entire Freedom Trail in Boston. We set up the tent and decided to hunt for something to eat. Neither of us wanted to drive all the way back to Brookline and deal with Boston traffic again. We did find a kosher deli in Peabody. The man was very nice - he even offered to pack us up a picnic to go of chicken and potato salad. I really just wanted to sit and be waited on. Ugh.

Then we went to Maine. Maine deserves its very own entry complete with pictures. Two words: oceanfront camping. Wow.

Ok, it's way too late. We drove all the way from Vermont today. I need to go to bed, but I'm still caffeinated from our Tim Horton's trip in Niagara.

1 Comments:

At 19 August, 2005 07:16, Blogger Shoshana said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you are having a nice, relaxing trip. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home