Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Who doesn't get it?

Ok, so I drop 20 lbs., and suddenly I'm back among the living.

Guys don't even recognize that you're human when you're fat. You might as well be an overstuffed piece of furniture. I suppose they're hardwired like that, but it's a little disconcerting all the same. Am I strange to want to be admired for my brains and charming personality?

It feels nice to get noticed again, but at the same time I feel like a piece of meat. Like the poetry guy who kept telling me how he "understood " me - it's just weird. It's not like I was going to fly to New York and sleep with him. What was he hoping to accomplish with all that drivel? I don't know of a single self-respecting female who would fall for it.

It's stalker week. I'm stalking the Inspector - secretly hoping his date didn't go well, all the while wondering if he made up the story about the date to let me down easy...

I'm being stalked by a random from Brooklyn (not poetry guy) - he sent me three messages after I very nicely told him we weren't a good match. I even wrote him a personal message - not the stock autoreply message Frumster furnishes.

I'm also being stalked by the Midwesterner who tells me that my messages are too brief and he doesn't have a good sense of who I am. This would be fine, but it's a transparent cry for an email because I haven't written to him now in (gasp) 36 whole hours. I should send him the blog address.

New guy on the horizon (yay, MH - she got her SYAS credentials this week and hit the phones like a woman on a mission!) - he gets major bonus points for calling at an appropriate time (9:00 p.m.) and for sounding cute and nervous. Too bad I'm out of town and can't call him back until Sunday.

Can you really tell what someone is like from their Frumster/SYAS profile? I've been looking at profiles that have nothing overtly wrong with them - I just have a gut feeling that it's a bad idea.

What if my bashert just isn't very good at PR?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home