Monday, July 04, 2005

Anti-negativity

I reread the last few blog-posts and I feel like this blog has taken on a decidedly negative slant. So, today, I'm only going to blog about happy things.

I went canoeing for five hours today with some awesome people - nothing beats lazily floating down a beautiful river in a boat with one of your best friends in the world. It was so nice to catch up.

Tomorrow, I get to chaperone the rescheduled trip to the wavepool with four of my favorites from last year. In a moment of sheer wickedness, I emailed the little darlings a 4th of July social studies quiz, promising them a surprise if they sent it back to me filled in correctly. :) They're all geeks (I keep good company), so I had many back within the hour. Now I have to figure out what the surprise will be.

Home. Home is good. Home is the place where I feel like a Human Being. Like a Contributing Member of Society. I mowed my virgin grass for the first time yesterday - it's only been a month since we spread twelve cubic yards of dirt around my pock-marked front yard. Fresh green grass is especially invigorating.

My friend Pauline agreed to go with me to Boston in mid-August for the week after Tisha B'Av. Roadtrip. Camping along the way. SMILE.

Natasha, my lab-pointer mutt, was so happy to see me when I got home yesterday that she peed all over herself. Gross, yet heartwarming.

Finally, it's been raining and thunderstorming for the past four hours. This means that Hashem is footing the bill for watering my lawn today AND airconditioning my house (rain causes drafts).

Ok, enough happiness for now. It's bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home