Friday, July 01, 2005

You

בס״ד
You
I don’t know you
but your spirit is already
with me
Not the details of you
the shadow above
your eyes
and the grace of
your fingers
soft words spilling from
your lips
stay hidden
Yet you are here
energy without form
you
next to me on the couch
you
across from me at the dinner table
you
watering the flowers in the front
while I
cut the grass in the back
who are you?
You
calling me to the phone
you
whispering in
my ear
your arm around
my waist
warm breath on the hollow of
my neck
rough hand gently cupping
my face
just out of reach
I wait

2 Comments:

At 01 July, 2005 17:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi - i am a single 26 year old modern ortho chick and your poem was so beautiful and lovely and sad and longing.
i am also a poet and wanted you to know that the ache for intimacy was palatable. You are very talanted.

 
At 02 July, 2005 22:52, Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you, allitirationist!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home