Sunday, June 26, 2005

Too muggy to blog

Ok, it's hot and sticky and I'm not in the mood to blog, but I'll give you this short update. I AM going to NYC this week and I have a date with the Israeli on Wednesday. Used Car guy is going out of town so I won't be meeting him this trip, but hopefully I can make some good connections while I'm there.

I had an interesting conversation on Shabbos with a woman in the community here. I hardly know her, but she seems kind and sweet. I mentioned that I was going to try to schedule two dates with separate guys for the same trip. She was very much against this idea - how can you focus completely on the first date when you know you'll be seeing a different guy tomorrow night?

Is this an okay practice?

At this point, I've decided it is. I'm clearly not in the dating world for the first time - I've had lots of experience and, at my advanced age, people tend to be very guarded on first and second dates.

In any case, it won't be an issue on this trip.

1 Comments:

At 27 June, 2005 12:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Not using any names - as I've explained to the children, you never know who is reading on the WWW, but so you know, this is your alter ego in Ypsi :) At any rate, I also went out with 2 guys in one weekend in Cincinatti a while back. When I'm on a date, I'm concentrating on what I'm doing right then and there, so I really can't agree with what you were told. At least, that's just me. Have a wonderful trip, if you are driving, do so safely! and who knows, maybe we will run into each other!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home