Sunday, July 17, 2005

Revisiting the profile

I spent last night (motzei Shabbos) totally revamping my Frumster profile. Like the former Soviet Union under Gorbachev, I have embarked on a policy of glasnost - openness. I even posted a full-body picture (gasp).

How does one deal with physical imperfections on Frumster or SYAS? I've only been looking at guys' profiles (obviously) and no one seems to have any. Of course, it's not such a big deal if a guy has a beer gut - many women are able to see past that.

I got sick of meeting guys who expect everyone to be stick-woman. So, everything's there - big hips and all - you even get a view of my living room and a taste of my decorating style ;) One-stop shopping.

I guess now I wait.

In other Frumster news... My friend, M.H., had been surfing Frumster looking for potentials - last week she sent me approximately 25 profiles. I deleted some and emailed some. By erev Shabbos, I was corresponding with seven men from around the world.

On motzei Shabbos, we decided to 'cull the herd' - send polite responses to the guys who had already a) freaked me out by sending me 15 poems and writing things like "I understand you" (Note: Gentleman out there, there's no possible way you can 'understand' someone you've exchanged three emails with. Save the bad poetry until we're already in love.), b) shown a remarkable lack of respect for the English language (even though born in the USA), or c) responded shortly and curtly and withoutmuch interesting to say.

We managed to get it down to two men. One (we'll call him the Inspector), I was very interested in - he had already proven himself to be funny, witty, and down-to-earth. The other (the Midwesterner) almost didn't make the cut, but I didn't know enough about him yet to outright reject him.

This is sounding really bitchy, isn't it?

In any case, I had an email from the Inspector this morning saying that he wanted to stop email communication for now since he had a date tonight with a girl he had been talking to. Ugh.

It feels so close - just beyond my grasp. Back to the drawing board, yet again.

2 Comments:

At 18 July, 2005 11:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just an fyi for whoever reads this- the frumster photo is hot- even the midwesterner thinks so! and if the inspector was meant to be, he'll come crawling back when he realizes how much more awesome anysara is than the woman closer to his home. but i think whoever reads this should give a big girlfriend round of applause to anysara for sticking it out and puuting herself on the line in the quest for true love- never easy, but always worth it. and may she find her bashert (and he find her) SOON! (say "amen!" with feeling!)-MH

 
At 20 July, 2005 18:02, Blogger EN said...

Hazlacha on finding your Beshret. I've tried Frumster so I know what a pain it could be ;-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home