Thursday, July 07, 2005

Next

It's amazing how much energy simply contemplating the whole shidduch process takes. It's basically what I think about night and day.

The newest prospect is a friend's friend's brother-in-law. My friend seems excited, but her friend thinks that the brother-in-law might be a little flaky. I'm relatively indifferent at this point. We'll dub him BIL (brother-in-law) for the time being. I'll keep you posted.

The other newest prospect is a friend of this same friend's friend. Aaagghh! Apparently he is a real mensch and is a great pie-baker. I'm slightly reluctant because it appears that he's shorter than me. At least that's what his frumster profile says. I can probably safely assume that he's even shorter since just about eveyrone I know bends the truth to make themselves a more attractive prospect on frumster. And he claims to be chassidishe. Hmm. Maybe not.

Well, I'm off to the grocery store for mundane things like eggs and flour. My wonderful friend M.H. took her kids berry picking today and they are bringing me tart cherries and raspberries. A cherry-berry pie looms in my future...

2 Comments:

At 08 July, 2005 20:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,

Why not say something about yourself in your "about me"? Your beshert might stumble over your blog and find you interesting. Sure, your main purpose is to share with other young women in the same position, but like they say, it wouldn't hurt . . . Reading a person's blog is a better intro than a website profile -- it gives an impression of what you are like to be around.

 
At 09 July, 2005 22:13, Blogger Sarah said...

What do you suggest? "I like long walks on the beach, sunsets, and pina coladas"? I sort of feel like the blog speaks for itself. Hmm. I'm open to suggestions, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home