Monday, July 25, 2005

Sauna

My long-held anti-airconditioning views may be wavering. Last night (after the post-fast feast of homemade deepdish pizza), I went to bed at 12:30. A normal summer temperature at this time of the evening? 71ish. Temp last night? 88 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat index (what it actually felt like) according to www.weather.com? 101 degrees Fahrenheit.

That's right. You try sleeping in a sauna. My poor dog panted all night. I'll be sleeping in the musty, yet cool, basement tonight, thank you very much.

Not so much new on the shidduch scene. M.H. found me two decent guys on SYAS - I may possibly be getting phone calls from both tonight. I think I should take notes.

I ditched the Midwesterner. The final hammer blow? He asked if my parents were "upper-middle class WASPs, middle class, or working class". Hmm. How about "none of your damn business"?

I can't tell if it's the heat, the fasting, or the shidduchim that are bringing out my worst-behaved, crankiest side. I suspect it's stress brought on by shidduchim with a little bit of fasting and heat stroke sprinkled in.

That cabin in the woods in the upper peninsula is looking better all the time. Yo ho, yo ho, the hermit life for me.

3 Comments:

At 25 July, 2005 18:27, Blogger SemGirl said...

Shidduchim can really get to you. But, I think you really need to jump into a pool ASAP!!!

 
At 26 July, 2005 02:54, Blogger Pragmatician said...

" I can't tell if it's the heat, the fasting, or the shidduchim that are bringing out my worst-behaved, crankiest side"
It's definitely Shidduchim, I’m a heat person, meaning I like it when it's hot, no matter how hot.
Winter on the other hand is one long depressing season for me.
But when I was dating regardless of the weather I was often cranky.

 
At 26 July, 2005 08:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi AnySara,
It's Midwesterner stuck in Jersey. I finally was able to read your blog and I really appreciate your rawness and honesty. Thank you for sharing..Anytime you want to stay in my area again (which I feel sadly will not be anytime soon) my hotel is always open to you! FYI, check you email, Baruch Hashem someone we know and love got engaged last night. IY"H we should all find our bacherts soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home