Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Avoidance

As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder...

I have so much to tell you - where to begin?

I'm going in to school tomorrow to put the room in order. Sigh. I really am ready to go back. This year promises a whole boat-load of new responsibilties, though. Not only am I the union rep for our building, but I also am heir-apparent to the big seventh grade field trip. Sigh. Me, who so likes simplicity and who is SO lazy. Sigh.

Remember the two SYAS prospects that M.H. sent my way? Here's the update.

The New Yorker is, I believe, working on coming here so we can go out (or so he said. Twice). He moved this past weekend, so I'm cutting him some slack.

Eeyore (formerly Dr. Math). Yes, everyone's favorite pessimistic donkey is on the shidduch scene. We had one conversation that was a little disturbing. Nevertheless, I was willing to believe that he was just having a bad day and I agreed to talk on the phone with him again this week. Then, we discovered that we're both going to be in the same part of the country next week and he suggested we go out. Might as well.

As I mentioned, I'm going on a last-week-of-summer whirlwind roadtrip next week. The itinerary is shaping up nicely. Stinky Dog, myself, and one of our favorite traveling companions are taking New England by storm:

Monday: Boston and the Freedom Trail
Tuesday: Salem, Lexington & Concord; Portland, ME
Wednesday: Central VT and folk/rock concert
Thursday: Fort Ticonderoga and Niagara Falls
Friday: Home in time for Shabbos!

Now, for several hundred unofficial coolness points, anyone want to guess what I teach in school (give as much detail as you can)?

I'll try to blog from the road if at all possible. Seeing as how I'm somewhat of an outdoorsy type, we're rustic camping the whole trip (except for the showers and public restrooms in the state parks, that is...).

1 Comments:

At 12 August, 2005 14:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
As a former union rep and heiress to the seventh grade trip on more than one occasion, if you need any advice, let me know! Incidently, I seem to be teaching LA for the first time in 2 years, so if you have any ideas for 6,7,8 novels, please let me know! BTW, I'm not entering the coolness contest (though I'm sorry if I gave part of the answer away) b/c I know it wouldn't be fair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home