Sunday, December 11, 2005

I love Sunday morning projects

I've decided to finally paint my bedroom. Nearly every other room in my house has been painted since I moved in almost three years ago. Here are the before pictures - the room is a dingy, ugly, green that is just about the color of stuff that comes out of your nose. I recently made a new duvet cover for myself - I even bought fluffy, girly pillows for the bed and new sheets. Now, I'm painting the room to match the sheets (though it's a color that will endure, should the new bedding, im yirtze H-shem, not stay in this house long). Anyway, as I said, here's the before. I'll post the after later.

The closet...

I had no place to move my dresser to, so it'll get covered with plastic before I start.


The Stinky Dog who has been disgruntled all morning with all the furniture moving that's been happening.

8 Comments:

At 11 December, 2005 12:31, Blogger Sara said...

Ooooh,I love painting! In my house we're always moving around the furniture and reorganizing everything. It's my mom's kind of thing and it has really rubbed off.
Also, I love your dresser. I like the ones with the mirror on top.
Well, good luck and post pictures ASAP.

 
At 11 December, 2005 14:32, Blogger Josh said...

I think Stinky Dog will look good with a new set of spots!

 
At 12 December, 2005 07:57, Blogger BlogBlond said...

okay- what's up with the frum single rant? i thought this was about anysara's bedroom...

 
At 12 December, 2005 08:37, Blogger SemGirl said...

BB.. just ignore it.. apparently he feels that if he takes the trouble to write a good comment, he needs to ruin it by posting it on 1000 blogs..

 
At 12 December, 2005 09:09, Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks, y'all, for defendin' my honor... Soulmate was a little cheesed off about FS's out-of-place rant, as well. I love it that he's chivalrous!

Josh - when I painted my living room red, the Stinky Dog rubbed against the wet wall and has red streaks for a while...

 
At 12 December, 2005 12:32, Blogger Mir said...

Awwwwww!
Stinky Dog's making the cutest face!
Right now my dogs sprawled on his back on the couch that's next to my desk and he's watching my every move (probably hoping that I'll get up soon and take him for his walk).
He lives on that couch so it's COVERED with all his fur!!!! Maybe he'd be a good shidduch for Stinky Dog!

 
At 13 December, 2005 08:30, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

What color did you paint the room? I hope it was Stinky Dog approved...

 
At 13 December, 2005 12:49, Blogger Sarah said...

The room is a very pale pink. It's done - I finished the trim last night. Tonight, I'll take the tape down and put the furniture back in. I'll try to post pictures then, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home