Sunday, January 01, 2006

An Ode to the BlogBlond

I can't remember if I mentioned it and I don't have the time right now to look, but the BlogBlond was the shadchan who brought Soulmate and I together

However, long before BlogBlond was our shadchan, she was a friend of uncompromised quality.

As Soulmate can attest, not much can make me tear up at leaving this part of the Midwest. Yet, three times so far this weekend, tears have fallen when I think of being so far from BlogBlond and all that her friendship means to me.

Along with Soulmate, BlogBlond really is all that and a bag of chips (but not in a weird way). She showed tremendous courage and perseverance in overcoming a misdiagnosed illness that drastically altered her life for over two years. I barely knew her before she got sick, but the kindred spirit in her shined through in spite of this.

We laugh at irreverent and often inappropriate things. I know I can go to her with even my most shocking secrets and she won't be shocked. I cry on her shoulder when I can't take what the world is dishing out to me anymore. I call her with juicy bits of gossip (spare me the loshon hara lectures, dear readers) and we spar respectfully over politics.

I adore the BlogBlond and her family. Her husband gave a moving toast at the l'chaim last night that brought back the flood of memories of the last five years.

I hope she knows how much I love her, how much I'll miss her, and how glad I am that Soulmate and I have free long-distance calling.

5 Comments:

At 02 January, 2006 17:33, Blogger BlogBlond said...

i'm not gonna get teary
i'm not gonna get teay
i'm not gonna get teary...
aw, shucks...

 
At 02 January, 2006 17:34, Blogger BlogBlond said...

and thank you!

 
At 02 January, 2006 17:37, Blogger BlogBlond said...

and i am also happy about the long distance calling.

and about your fleishig dishes and BOWLS, and your soulmate finally making his appearance in your life- you soooooooooooooooooooooo deserve all of the happiness (and more) that life is throwing your way!!

and just so you know- i was only listening to the gossip because i am all about good communication...

 
At 05 January, 2006 12:11, Blogger Dimmy said...

Shh... Don't tell BlogBlond, but I miss her too.

 
At 05 January, 2006 12:12, Blogger Dimmy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home