Monday, January 02, 2006

Selling, Planning, and Packing

It's been an interesting morning.

Disclaimer: I decided this morning that with planning the wedding, selling the house, and planning the move, this is going to be the most stressful two months of my life.

The upside? All the hard work pays off with a life with Soulmate.

The downside? I'm probably going to be a little cranky once in awhile. Okay, a lot.

This morning, a frum guy who invests in houses came to look at mine. He's basically not interested because he doesn't think he could make a profit on the house. He also gave the horribly misguided advice that I should just default on my mortgage since he thinks I won't be able to sell the house anytime soon. Bad, bad, bad idea.

So, I'm back to davening that H-shem will please sell my house.

I went to Home Depot today and bought all the stuff necessary to make the changes the realtor suggested. Will start on that tonight. Had another shaitel appointment today - none of the colors were right, so we're still looking. She'll order from New York. We did talk $$, though, and I think it will work out. I'm still not hooked into anything.

I'm going with C.G. to meet with the caterer today. The shul we want may not be available and C.G. asked about changing the date. I told her I'd rather jump off the Ambassador Bridge than change the date again. Nothing before will work and, if we wait any longer, it'll be nearly Pesach time.

Stinky Dog is slurping away at her foot which is really irritating me right now. I need some happy pills.

1 Comments:

At 03 January, 2006 23:52, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

What goes into getting a sheitel? Really. I have no clue. And I am curious why it is so complicated.

It will be stressful, but it will go by quickly, and before you know it, it will all be behind you. That said, I wish you as stress-free an engagement as possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home