Tuesday, January 03, 2006

On Bended Knee

After a day of travel I was met at the arrivals gate in Windsor, ON, by AnySara. We stood in the throng of people waiting for the luggage to come out. I searched about for a romantic spot to propose, but alas in an airport with less style and charm than any I’ve visited in developing nations, there was no spot to fit the bill.

So, I got down on bended knee, fished out the ring I’d been carrying in a pocket next to my heart for the last 10 hours, and with a short proposal I’d put together on the flight out (note from AS: the proposal was beautiful and although I was thoroughly kabibbled, I remember it involving the words "a life of magic, discovery, and adventure), asked her to marry me. Much to my pleasure she said yes, and we started an absolutely wonderful week. I met her friends and family, all of whom I liked (AS: Soulmate was a real trooper. He charmed his way through two sets of parents, one set of grandparents, and assorted other friends and relatives - they are almost as much in love with him as I am :) . And I learned what it feels like to be absolutely in love with someone.

For a while AnySara has been referring to me here as her soul mate. I can say without a moment’s hesitation that she is my soul mate, my best friend, and the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

- SoulMate

4 Comments:

At 03 January, 2006 23:56, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Definitely qualifies as all that and a bag of chips....

Not even married and already intertwining comments. Beautiful. Ad meah v'esrim shana!

 
At 04 January, 2006 18:46, Blogger Josh said...

...speechless...

[smiling wide]

 
At 05 January, 2006 13:16, Blogger Over The Rainbow said...

How cool is it that now you know who you were writing your poem to?!

 
At 11 January, 2006 06:23, Blogger Mata Hari said...

awww

 

Post a Comment

<< Home