Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Even a blind squirrel gets the acorn once in awhile

Remember the poet-gardener who moved away from the city because he needed to be near the outdoors? My soulmate?

He said yes.

I suppose he'll call sometime soon. Until then, I'm off to Google-stalk him.

Speaking of Google-stalking - doesn anyone else do this to potential dates?

I feel a little guilty knowing that I'm virtually impossible to Google-stalk. Even if you know my middle name, my English first and last names are among the most common in North America. In the teeny-tiny hospital where I was born, there was another baby born a few days before me with the exact same name. Not kidding.

Safety in banality, I suppose.

5 Comments:

At 23 August, 2005 20:14, Blogger Sarah said...

Think of it as high-tech reference checking. I'm just looking to see what kind of sites his name is associated with, if's he's written anything of interest, etc. It's actually a fairly common practice - I believe the official term is 'googling'.

 
At 24 August, 2005 01:25, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

I also google potential dates. And I also feel slightly guilty about being ungoogleable - when I applied for a NYC Public Library card, 8 other people with my name came up in their computer....

 
At 24 August, 2005 04:49, Blogger Sarah said...

See Elster? I'm not some freaky stalker...well, at least not most of the time.

 
At 24 August, 2005 05:40, Blogger Shoshana said...

Google is the best! Of course I google people! I also always try to find their Frumster profile if that is not how they were introduced to me. Good luck!

 
At 24 August, 2005 12:34, Blogger Dan Eisenberg said...

There is nothing wrong with googling someone. If you did a criminal / credit background check on your potential dates then it would be cause for concern. Till then, I think u are ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home