Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Chosson update

After speaking on the phone, we decided to exchange emails since there's a fairly significant time difference. Over the first 24 hours, we've written four times. Not too shabby. In his last email, he asked THE question - why did you convert? Ok, it was technically his third communication overture to me. I suppose that the third time I spoke to someone on the phone, I would reasonably expect to answer that question (nevermind that I didn't take it from the Midwesterner who had sent me about a gazillion emails by that point).

In any case, I decided to go for the gusto - he got a more complete (and I hope more well-written) response than I would usually give. It was long, though. So far, no response. It takes time and thought to respond to a mulit-page email, though, so I'll wait it out.

I seem to be in a good-karma place the past few days (not sure what I did to deserve it). I found out yesterday that my roommate is moving out, got all that great stuff about Maine, had a delightful conversation with the aforementioned male, then, I turned on the TV and what is NBC showing? The Eagles Farewell Live tour. I almost fell out of my chair.

When I was in college, the Eagles were touring for the first time since I'd been a fan. I so badly wanted to go see the Hell Freezes Over tour. Sadly, my boyfriend couldn't afford the $100 tickets, so he bought me the album instead. Nevertheless, having Joe Walsh and the gang beamed into my living room as the sun was setting was the perfect finale to a nearly perfect day.

On top of it all, the kids at school are behaving quite nicely and my pseudo-favorite from last year finally came to say hello (he'd been mostly avoiding me since I knew he'd been a jerk to one of my other pseudo-favorites from last year). Yep, good karma.

I'm going to go daven.

4 Comments:

At 30 August, 2005 16:55, Blogger Sarah said...

Elster - I don't get it...

 
At 31 August, 2005 03:47, Blogger Pragmatician said...

Will you post that email on your blog at any point?

 
At 31 August, 2005 18:30, Blogger Sarah said...

Prag - probably not without his permission. Actually liking one of the guys I'm seeing has made me a little more careful to guard his privacy... Why? Did you have a specific question or just general curiosity?

 
At 31 August, 2005 23:12, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

I played Hotel California and Life in the Fast Lane tonight with my old guitarist. It was fun, but I blew out my voice trying to hit the high notes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home