Sunday, September 25, 2005

More Adventures in Maine

Daniel and Chavi are off to Maine with baby Elish and Leba, the puppy. Check out their blog for up-to-the-minute photo coverage. I'm extremely jealous - I'd love to see Maine in the fall!

I'm up north for the weekend - a dual Grandma's 80th birthday and step-grandma's memorial service visit. It was beautiful yesterday (Shabbos) as I walked to the restaurant to be with the family at the brunch event after the service (please keep halachic commentary on this choice to yourself). The town I grew up in, Petoskey, Michigan, is on Little Traverse Bay in northern Michigan and the whole walk was along the blue, blue shoreline. Sigh. As I was walking, I was imagining how one might live a frum life up here. The only problem I ran into was the mikveh question - not a problem in the summer as lakes are plentiful. I don't particularily fancy polar bear swims, however. I wonder if there is a mikveh in Traverse City an hour and a half away? Hmm.

Anyway, will post pictures if it manages to stop raining for a few minutes so that I can take some.

3 Comments:

At 26 September, 2005 01:17, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

I miss Maine...and anywhere with a blue, blue shoreline...yes, pictures, please....

 
At 26 September, 2005 10:28, Blogger Pragmatician said...

Hmm you might want to check that with Chabad they are the best place to inform you.

 
At 26 September, 2005 16:01, Blogger Sarah said...

Ugh! Prag? Did you not see the "keep your halachic opinions to yourself" sign? If I was so concerned, I would've called someone. However, sometimes, one has to do what one has to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home