Thursday, September 01, 2005

Who knew?

Ok, countless emails later, he gets cooler and cooler. He taught accupressure to Mexican midwives. Groovy.

We also keep finding things that we have in common - we both have dogs that came from a rescue organization. We both fostered dogs for a rescue organization for awhile. We both mostly dislike Celine Dion, but we both like her French stuff. We seemingly both have a passion for living off the frum grid, so-to-speak - he lives in a teeny frum community so he can be closer to the outdoors.

And handy. Did I mention he's handy? A prime qualification since I've had it with DIY home repairs. I fixed my disgusting garbage disposal last week all by myself. I was pretty much willing to marry anyone for the first hour after that just so I wouldn't have to do it again. He's building his own bed.

So, I emailed M.H. and asked her if she'd call to check his references. I also asked her if he had filled out the personality survey portion of the SYAS profile - it's optional, so most people haven't. Turns out he's the same personality type as me: INFP. M.H. thinks this may be a clue to why our (mine and his) lives are so freakishly similar.

I got paranoid for about thirty minutes while I surfed the internet looking to see if two INFPs were really compatible. Then, I remembered that people have been getting married for a long time without the benefit of personality typing and I should really just chill out about all of it. Besides, if I were to marry him, at least I would have a basis for understanding him a little more. Maybe?

Plus, it would be a bonus to marry someone who actually got my hermit tendancies.

Now I'm just waiting for the results of the reference check. Hopefully he's not really a psychopath and is just a genuinely nice and interesting guy.

7 Comments:

At 01 September, 2005 07:57, Blogger Shoshana said...

So glad that things are going well - I hope it continues! I am an INFP also. I think that the two of you will "get" each other pretty well because of the similarities in your personality and how your minds work, so enjoy it! I wouldn't take all the stuff you see on the Internet about personality match-ups and stuff too seriously, I think there have been successful relationships and marriages between all combinations of personality types. Good luck with everything!

 
At 01 September, 2005 09:03, Blogger Sarah said...

Trix are for kids. Chill out, dude. I'll have time to read your blog this weekend.

 
At 01 September, 2005 10:50, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Also an INFP here. While I tend to go for Es in the dating arena, for balance - any two personality types can be compatible.

Of all the types, INFP guys have the hardest time with dating, so with an INFP-INFP match, you will at least understand him.

Sounds great from where I am reading! He seems like a very interesting guy. I'm rooting for you...

 
At 01 September, 2005 11:18, Blogger Dan Eisenberg said...

have you seen pictures yet?

 
At 01 September, 2005 11:53, Blogger Sarah said...

Daniel - yes pictures.
2Ts - Thanks for goin' to bat for me.

Shosh - Thanks for the tip!

Elster - INFP is a personality type.

MCAryeh - you rock.

 
At 01 September, 2005 12:24, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Elster, for your personality type, check this out:

http://awhisperingsoul.blogspot.com/2005/08/hey-whats-your-type.html

 
At 02 September, 2005 01:39, Blogger SemGirl said...

I wish you all the best, Sara annd I hope things really work out for you. But you really have to chill, girlfriend. Stop overthinking everything and being so paranoid, and just go out with him.

Or you do want do a full NSA security check. Did he give you a fingerprint and DNA sample to give to the FBI?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home