Friday, January 20, 2006

An Ode to Soulmate and the Stinky Dog

It's a lovely warm Friday. We're supposedly expecting several inches of snow tonight and I'm facing a weekend of babysitting for M.H.'s darling children.

Normally this would stress me out. I feel very peaceful today, though. The kids are generally very well-behaved for me and I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with them. I slept there last night and woke rested and mellow.

Last week, I sent Stinky Dog to hang with my grandparents until the wedding. I miss her terribly. Sure, she smells, scratches, sheds, licks herself in unsightly places, and is generally very demanding, but she also is superb at cuddling, bringing me socks, and looking happy to see me even when I'm totally cranky.

Soulmate. A week today I will be there with him. We have plans to drive up to a lovely valley Friday morning for a picnic lunch before returning in time for Shabbos. Being apart from him is nearly unbearable. I have no idea how people manage long engagements far from one another. We spend, on average, three hours a night on the phone and I would gladly spend more if I didn't need to sleep.

So, there you are. All the news that's fit to print. Oh, and if you're Canadian, please go vote on Monday for anyone except your local Conservative candidate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home