Sunday, March 12, 2006

Mr. and Mrs. Soulmate in the Midwest

In about two hours we will leave Omaha, Nebraska, and head further west. While Omaha isn't as bad as I had expected, it certainly hasn't been overly nice. It's much hillier than I thought Nebraska would be. We went out last night in search of kosher food. Omaha has a small Jewish community and, of course, a Chabad house. We were able to find a variety of Mon Cuisine and MealMart options to chuck in our cooler to see us through the next two days when we will pass through states that have no kosher food options. We also stocked up at the Krispy Kreme - the only official kosher establishment that was open at 11:00 last night. Every roadtrip needs a donut.

So, Nebraska has been, er, lovely, but I'm ready to get the heck out. Oh, and I also seem to have acquired yet another nickname (the first from my husband): L'Wanda. Will post more on this when I know more :)

1 Comments:

At 13 March, 2006 12:21, Blogger BlogBlond said...

okay, tailor- i gotta give you kudos for that one!!!

as and cc(h)- drive carefully and enjoy a krispy creme for your friends back home!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home