Friday, March 10, 2006

Where in the World Are Mr. & Mrs. Soulmate?

As has been reported on many other blogs, Soulmate and I tied the knot on Sunday night at what has subsequently been dubbed the "Wedding of the Century". More on that later. Since then, we've been busily packing up the house. We blew town yesterday after many lengthy and tearful goodbyes. I can honestly say that I will miss the frum community terribly, but I won't miss the midwestern suburbs. West Coast here I come!

So, the answer to the title question is currently Chicago, home of my mother and stepdaddy. We'll leave in about 10 minutes (or whenever I'm done blogging) and try to get a few hundred miles under our belts before stopping for Shabbos. Soulmate's rav is hooking us up with meals for tonight and tomorrow.

Today we will cross the mighty, polluted Mississippi. It will be my first time crossing it in a car. What's the protocol? Logic tells me we should stop and spit into it, but Soulmate is unsure about this.

Gotta go. Chicago traffic is a nightmare and we have to get the heck out of Dodge.

2 Comments:

At 10 March, 2006 07:32, Blogger BlogBlond said...

wishing you a safe journey with a minimum of sputum along the way. we love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10 March, 2006 10:47, Blogger Mir said...

OMG! I had no idea that you'd already gotten married! Mazal Tov!
Please don't forget about us now that you're married, I love reading your blog. Let us know what's going on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home